Leigh Hackspace is an inclusive shared social and work space for makers, artists, creators, ‘hackers’, crafters, designers, fixers, geeks and nerds from Leigh and the entire surrounding area. Whatever creative or making thing you do – or want to learn how to do – you can do it at Leigh Hackspace.
We are located at Unit F1, The Cotton Mill, Mather Lane, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 2PW in our awesome 4500 sq.ft, iron-pillared, red-brick workshops in a listed converted cotton mill.
Hackspaces have nothing to do with computer hacking (although it’s a great place to come and learn how to program or otherwise master your computer).
Leigh Hackspace aims to provide workspace, inspiration, equipment, ideas, support, training and even materials for ‘hacking’ with, as well as great coffee, a community spirit and a ‘can-do’ atmosphere.
We’re always looking for more members to join our awesome social making community.
If you want to get involved here are some things you can do:
- Join the Hackspace Facebook Group at bit.ly/leighhack – this is where there you can keep up to date with activity and opening times at the Hackspace.
- Set up regular membership payment using one of the links on this page: http://www.leighhack.org/membership/#full
- Join the Leigh Hackspace Discourse Forum for more in-depth information and conversations about Hackspace planning and future development.
- Follow @leigh_hackspace on Twitter.
- And don’t forget to come along to the Hackspace and get involved!